Oh yes. We are back with another ⭐️ Student of the Week! The one, the only, Mr. 7-foot tall himself, Daniel Delaigle. He really wowed us with his own proverb about tomatoes, but more importantly about wisdom and knowledge. Thanks Daniel, now I’m craving fruit salad. (also thank you to his lovely wife for suppling the picture). I don’t want to call these people runners-up, because we are all equal in God’s 👀, but I would also like to give a ⭐️ student shout out to Kate for praying so eloquently (even about college football), providing Mellow Mushroom Pizza🍕🍕🍕 and coming up with the new way we introduce ourselves to new people (I apologize for my strange murdery confession 😳). And to Brooke as well for giving us the phrase “There is wisdom in the pause.” You are all so very special!
I would like to take a moment to thank Brooke and Stuart for taking over this here website while I took a leave of absence. I had so much fun reading through their posts and literally laughing out loud at their wit and wisdom. Now I know how y’all must feel every week 😉. I feel like I should give y’all the briefest of recaps of what I did while I wasn’t writing this blog. Do you remember that one time that Stuart sent out some ridiculous photos of me riding a turtle and meeting santa? I feel like that has been my last month, but on a much tamer level. I was MOH in a wedding, I ran around New England eating sandwiches and trying to find a Vanderbilt to marry, I went to the Heisman House where I rode in a Nissan Rouge with RG3 and practiced my touchdown dancing, and finally I really did sing back up to Taylor Swift (with 56,000 other people…). So that’s what I’ve been up to! Here’s hoping for a much more relaxed holiday season.
Please note the above schedule for our assigned duties in the month of November. Please also scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for a little poll!
- On Nov. 9 we will be having a pizza party with the Ansonborough House! I believe that we are going to be picking up some Little Ceaser’s Hot n’Ready Pizza and split the cost amongst ourselves.
- On Nov. 23 Trinity is having a “Hanging of the Greens” night!! The United Methodist Women are providing dinner, but we volunteered to bring festive drinks and dessert! Shot Gun bringing eggnog!!
- On Nov. 30 Pastor Greta will be teaching our lesson on Methodism 101. So excited to have her with us!
- Does any one have any good Advent studies to suggest? We will be needing to start one on Dec. 7. I can be in charge of bringing the eggnog to our Christmas themed meetings.
- I do believe we are planning on having our Second Annual Thank-mas Feast on Dec. 6. SO MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND DUST OFF YOUR TACKY CHRISTMAS SWEATERS. I’ll volunteer to bring the eggnog.
- For next week read Proverbs 25:1-29:27
- A new job opportunity for Caty (give her wisdom on how to proceed)
- Taylor’s brother’s friend (who broke his hand during Friday’s football game)
- Taylor’s brother Harrison (strength and confidence for the coming week/s)
- Kate’s Aunt (upcoming surgery)
- Anna Claire’s Grandpa (upcoming outpatient surgery)
- Jensine’s sister Jessica (at home with two little girls while husband is deployed)
- Zach’s Student Athlete (who is now OFF the injury report!)
- FOR ANNA CLAIRE AND STUART BECAUSE THEY ARE HAVING TWINS👶👶!!!!!! 👫 OR 👬 OR 👭??? WE’LL FIND OUT IN APRIL/MAY!
Halloween themed Links and Stuff
- Friendly reminder that Halloween is on Saturday. Here are some food themed costume ideas if you still need one.
- Next year y’all, I think we need to get in on this scene
- Just spend a few minutes watching this and this . I literally have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.
- And scared bros is just my all time fav.
Brooke mentioned an idea of just having a set rotation of brining food/leading/praying. Obviously if you can’t make it on your assigned day, you can switch, but this might eliminate awkward sign-up times.